Total Pageviews

Monday 16 July 2012

The Real TdF

Guess where we went this afternoon?  Here they come :-


The Peloton :-


and one straggler, all by himself :-


It's the first time I've ever seen the Tour de France live.  To be honest, we don't watch it on TV either!  But this year it was passing very close to us, only about 20 minutes drive away, so we thought we'd go along and support them.  It was actually very exciting when the riders finally arrived.  There were about eight helicopters overhead circling, and I've never seen so many support cars, team cars, TV vehicles, etc.  There was quite a bit of money on that road today!

Oh, and Eric managed to find himself a woman :-


which didn't please the Gendarme - think he fancied her himself!

In the meantime, this is what I've been doing for the other TdF :-


and this morning the two bobbins above became another skein.


So I think tonight I'd better get carding some more batts (I've run out).  Although tomorrow's a rest day, so maybe I can do some then.

No comments:

Post a Comment