Total Pageviews

Tuesday 28 February 2012

Rowena's Houmous

This is a recipe given to me by my friend Rowena, and I think it's the best houmous I've ever tasted.  I made some last week when we had friends round, and I've made another lot since.  The recipe has been passed far and wide since Rowena gave it to me.




2 cups cooked chickpeas (reserve a little of the fluid in case it's needed)
1/3 cup Tahini
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tsp salt
+/- 2 cloves garlic
1 tbsp olive oil
Paprika and parsley to garnish

Blend the first five ingredients until smooth.  If the mix is too thick, thin it down with a little of the chickpea fluid from the tin.  Spread into a flat-bottomed dish, garnish with paprika and parsley, then drizzle with olive oil.

Easy peasy!  And much better than the houmous you buy in the supermarket.

1 comment: