Total Pageviews

Saturday, 3 March 2012

Sarah's Sweater

Just a quick note, I couldn't live with that lighter coloured stripe on the right hand side of the neck so yesterday I pulled it back and reknit it minus the offending piece.  Looks better now.

Last night I started to hand-card the merino I dyed with the unidentified fungi I found growing on some logs.  It's ended up a sort of pale apricot colour overall, but the tips are a lovely orangey colour.  As I want to try and keep the orange separate, which carding would have obliterated by blending the two together, I'm painstakingly separating each lock of wool and pulling it through the carders.  It's going to take a while, but I'm really pleased with how it's turning out.

Went for a walk in the forest yesterday and gathered more (potential!) dyestuffs.  At this moment I have fresh new bracken on the stove cooking merrily away - that's definitely going to be yellow. I also picked some of the dead brown bracken from last year to see what colour I would get from that.  Plus more green lichen, and also some interesting looking bracket fungus.

Photos later - got to shower and go out.

No comments:

Post a Comment