Total Pageviews

Wednesday 26 October 2011

I Got The Blues!


It all started off looking promising, the wool turned a really nice yellow colour in the dyepot.


I decided to give it a good long rest in the dye to soak up as much of the blue as possible, so I left it overnight and, the next morning, the magic begins :



You can see the colour starting to develop as the air hits it . . .



and continues . . .



. . . still developing :




et voila :-




Look at that blue!  Unfortunately, it doesn't look quite so spectacular after washing and drying.



I thought there may still be some colour to be had, so I dunked in some merino (from my carders!) and left that overnight.  It's a bit pale, but definitely blue. 



So that's the last of the woad until next year, not bad considering I only had the two plants.  Next year I'll definitely have more.

No comments:

Post a Comment