Total Pageviews

Wednesday 4 May 2011

Spinning and Knitting Progress (or lack of!)

Finally got myself organised, and put a spurt on with the spinning recently :-


These are for Sarah from La Maison des Chameaux (camel farm).  It's months since I gave her any wool so I'm quite pleased that I've been able to get going again.  There are 2 balls of camel, one of unknown sheep's wool, one of llama (Talullah) and one of alpaca (Brewster Bob).

And then there's the knitting.  Well, the socks are not far off completion, but halfway through I realised I wouldn't have enough to finish.  I spun some more of the blue and used it for the heels, and I've also spun some more pink to use for the toes, so hope there'll now be enough.



The sweater dress has moved on by absolutely zero percent!  The problem is that I don't really like the way it's going and may have to take some back.  I knit a section of rib at the waist thinking it would fit better.  Well, it doesn't!  So it'll have to go.  I think I've lost momentum with this because it's not exactly the season to be knitting a sweater dress.  Will try and get on with it though so it's ready for next winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment