Total Pageviews

Monday 13 April 2020

Only 5 Years in the Making!!

Remember this :

Spinning Feathers


I bought this art batt almost five years ago at Le Lot et La Laine Festival and spun it at the end of 2015.  There was a huge mix of different fibres in here, plus bits of ribbon and feathers.  I originally planned to use this for a weaving project, but never plucked up the courage!  I was afraid I'd make a mess of it.

In 2017 I started knitting a blanket and used this yarn for the centre.  You can see how far I got here.  I'd picked out lots of individual balls of yarn, all double knitting thickness, and continued knitting around the central piece until I ran out of appropriate yarn.  It then sat in a cupboard for the next 3 years!

Here in France we've now been locked down (because of the Coronavirus Covid19) for the last four weeks so I've potentially got lots of time to finish all my projects that are sitting waiting.  In reality, I've managed to finish this blanket!  I haven't finished anything else . . . yet, although I am working on a few other projects.  So, here are a few photos of the finished blanket, with a few close ups of some of the details.



Feathers!!

More feathers!

Feathers and ribbon
and a close up of the edge :



The blanket itself is lovely and cosy for sitting in front of the TV at night.  Just have to try and keep the cat away from it!!

Stay safe everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment