Total Pageviews

Monday 29 June 2015

New Camera

A few photos taken around the garden with my new Canon Powershot G16.  They started off a bit blurry, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it.






First a few photos of dye plants in the garden.  Above, my first double magenta hollyhock flower, seeds generously donated by Fran from Wool - Tribulations of Hand Spinning and Herbal Dying (you can visit her blog by clicking the link on the sidebar to the right); and below, Dyer's Chamomile flowers which have self-seeded all over our car parking area.


These are Bramley apples (English cooking apples) fattening up nicely :-


and a small part of this year's garlic harvest :-


These last two really were just "point and shoot" as the butterfly wouldn't stay still long enough to concentrate on having its photo taken!




So, I'm happy with my first attempts, but I really need to spend some time learning how to use this camera properly.

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures and what a coincidence - I bought a Canon Power Shot last Friday and am in the process of learning how to use it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look forward to seeing what you do with yours!

      Delete