Total Pageviews

Tuesday 6 June 2017

Computer Demise

Well, after various visits to Toulouse with my Macbook Air, it has been declared officially dead!  When they took the back off the computer, they said only a small amount of coffee had penetrated and it was only the mother board that had been affected.  However, when we received the estimate for repairing it, they quoted for replacing practically the whole thing!  The cost of repair was over 900 euros!  This may have been influenced by the fact that it's over five years old and, as such, not worth repairing.

After a lot of thinking, we finally decided to order a new one, which isn't costing much more than repairing the old one, especially as we get 100 euros knocked off the bill if we hand in the old computer, and our Apple account is credited with 50 euros to spend later.

The estimated delivery time was 10 to 15 days, mainly I think because I need an English keyboard rather than the French one.  So, after sitting waiting patiently (!) for the last 9 or 10 days, today I received a phone call from the shop . . . who said the machine I was going to be receiving had been replaced by a newer model with a faster processor.  Nice, I thought, especially as there would be no extra charge.  Then the guy said that Apple had cancelled my original order and placed another order for the new one which will be delivered in . . . yes, you've guessed - another 10 to 15 days.  Aaarrghhh!

This evening I've spent quite a lot of time trying to upload photos onto my blog using Hubby's old I-Pad.  I was getting nowhere so he was drafted in to help.  We managed to get some photos on here, but in a not very useful format.  If I don't manage to sort them out, I'll see you in 10 to 15 days when my new computer arrives!   

No comments:

Post a Comment