Total Pageviews

Saturday 22 March 2014

Our 125th Birthday!!



Yep, that's right - we have 125 years between us (sorry to disappoint you if you thought it was just one birthday, I very much doubt either of us will reach that age!)

It all started on 10th March when I had my 60th birthday.  Eric took me out for lunch and the weather was so nice we were able to sit outside.




Then, in the evening, we had a band rehearsal to go to.  The plan was we'd just have a quick meal and then get down to some playing . . . except, when we got there, the house was full of people!!  Eric and our friends had organised a surprise birthday party for me. This was my first real grown up party!


The fairy lights were all set up, but not turned on when we arrived - might have given the game away otherwise.


They'd really gone overboard with the decorations and balloons.


Some of the guests





and the hostess with the most-ess :-


I'll get you back Angela when you reach the big Six Ohhhh!


As usual, the host (on the right) had plenty to say for himself.

I had a fabulous evening, and really didn't have a clue that anything was going on. Needless to say, we didn't get much any playing done!

Dopey picture time - think I was a bit overwhelmed with the whole thing :-


I think this is my best side :-


Sadly, I didn't get a photo of the two birthday cakes Katharine had made for me.  One was covered in grated white chocolate, and the other with plain and both had candles. Unfortunately, when I came to blow out the candles, all the chocolate blew all over the table and guests.  Hmmm, maybe a light breeze would have been better, not a raging gale!

Two days later we set off on our holidays.  We'd had this trip planned for a while so Eric could meet his grandson for the first time.  And, lo and behold, there were more birthday celebrations organised.  His four sons, wives and partners had rented a house up in the Highlands of Scotland, about 10 miles away from Aviemore.

The first night we arrived, we had more presents, a fabulous meal, and another cake. They could have softened the blow with the sparklers on top, but no, they had to rub it in that we were 125!

Burned-out sparklers just visible!


It was an incredibly good cake though - Banoffee pie, lovely!!


It was a double celebration for Eric, being both 65 (on 19th March) and a Grandad!

I'll leave you with a pic of the wee boy himself :-

Where's the "Awwwww" button?
Totally worn out with all the festivities!


No comments:

Post a Comment