Total Pageviews

Saturday 22 September 2012

"Dinner in the Eiffel Tower" Shawl


This is what I've been knitting with my pink and blue baby alpaca.  The pink has quite dominated the whole thing, but I don't mind that - it's one of my favourite colours.


The pattern on this shawl was inspired by the architecture of the Eiffel Tower, but not having seen the Eiffel Tower for real, I can't comment.  I think it will be more obvious once the shawl is finished and blocked.

It's knitting up incredibly easily after the last few shawls I've made, but the rows are getting longer now.  It started off with 4 stitches and gradually increased to the size it is now.  This is a semi-circular shawl with just a plain, cast off edge, but if I have enough yarn I'll put a picot edge on the curved section.

No comments:

Post a Comment