Total Pageviews

Wednesday 25 May 2011

Another Recipe

This one's for Pam and Andrew, friends in the UK.  Another pasta recipe I'm afraid.  This is not one of mine, we call it Jane's Chilli Pasta because the recipe was given to me by my sister in law in Switzerland - think it's originally a Delia Smith though (although she uses parsley where I use coriander).

The nice thing about this is that you can make a batch of it and keep it in a jar in the fridge until you need it, and it should do 2 or 3 meals.

JANE'S CHILLI PASTA

1 red or green chilli, chopped
Coriander, chopped
Extra-virgin olive oil
Capers and black olives - chopped
Zest and juice of half a lemon
Clove garlic, crushed
Salt and black Pepper
Spaghetti
Fresh Parmesan


Cook spaghetti, grate Parmesan.
Meanwhile, mix all remaining ingredients in a jar, shaking well.
Serve cold (I just put the jar on the dining table) stirred through pasta and topped with Parmesan.




Sorry there are no quantities, it really is a question of taste.  I probably use about a tablespoon of capers and maybe 2 of olives, a handful of coriander and then, when all other ingredients are in the jar, I approximately double the amount with olive oil.  You only need about 2 dessertspoons for each person as it's quite a strong flavour.

No comments:

Post a Comment