Total Pageviews

Friday 22 April 2011

My Messy Garden

Finally got around to sowing all my vegetable seeds the other day.  A bit late, I know, but the nice thing about living down here is that things catch up very quickly.

I've sowed lots of tomatoes, cucumber, peppers, chillies, peas, aubergines, melons, pumpkins, butternut squash and lots of other edibles.  Plus lots of basil (for Eric) and lots of coriander (for me).   Also put in some woad seed which is now 2 years old, so I hope it grows.

Meanwhile, the redcurrants are coming along nicely . . .



. . . as are the leeks and garlic :









Oh, and here is our future greenhouse




Ah, I hear you say, but isn't that a swimming pool?  Well, yes, a very large, derelict swimming pool which was going to cost an absolute arm and a leg to renovate and maintain.  So, we decided the best option (especially as my greenhouse got blown away twice in gales!) was to put a polycarbonate roof on it and call it a greenhouse.  Work in progress!


We were at a friend's house one night last weekend and it was nice enough to sit outside for the whole evening.  This little chap (chapess?) joined us and stayed for the whole party



It's blowing a gale here today so I now have to decide whether to go and cut the grass anyway, dig the vegetable beds, or stay inside and do the ironing, bake some bread, clean the bathroom or take the day off and spin!  Decisions, decisions . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment