Total Pageviews

Sunday, 4 December 2011

New Wool

Remember the merino and alpaca I dyed last Sunday?  This is for one of a number of secret projects, so I won't be able to show you the finished article for a while.

Anyway,  I haven't been idle.  First I got it all carded.



Then added a little bit of angelina sparkle

Unfortunately, I only realised when I came to use it that I'd bought the heat-bondable angelina fibres, so I hope it never goes anywhere near an iron or other source of heat. Mind you, I don't think there's much chance of that when it contains pure wool.

Here it is all spun up and drying in the sun :-

OK, so maybe it wasn't that sunny, but it did dry.  And the finished article :-

Finally, a little bit of sparkly detail :-

It weighed in at 125g and gave me 180 yards (or 171 metres), so hopefully there'll be plenty for what I've got in mind.  It's now on the needles being knit, so I am busy here even if there's not much to show at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment